A contemporary twist on a New York brasserie, APOTECA is a food and wine escape in the heart of Adelaide’s west end. Originally called The Apothecary 1878, the wine bar and restaurant opened in 2002 and paved the way for the city’s sophisticated wine bar culture. Located in a heritage-listed Edwardian building on Hindley Street, the building was originally the home of Austral Stores before it housed West Coffee’s Palace from 1903. In 2002, owner Paola Coro and her partners turned part of the building (which was then a burger shop) into The Apothecary 1878. Famous for its award-winning food and wine and its Paris meets New York look and feel, APOTECA features some of the most beautiful dining and drinking spaces in the city including its straight-out-of-Manhattan front bar, cellar dining room and secluded courtyard.
Enjoy a drink or dinner in the main bar. This room is available for hire during the day or if hiring the entire venue.